Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 17:24:54 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/kernel.h:11,
                 from kernel/events/uprobes.c:12:
kernel/events/uprobes.c: In function 'uprobe_write_opcode':
include/linux/compiler.h:350:38: error: call to '__compiletime_assert_557' declared with attribute error: BUILD_BUG failed
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __LINE__)
                                      ^
include/linux/compiler.h:331:4: note: in definition of macro '__compiletime_assert'
    prefix ## suffix();    \
    ^~~~~~
include/linux/compiler.h:350:2: note: in expansion of macro '_compiletime_assert'
  _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __LINE__)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:39:37: note: in expansion of macro 'compiletime_assert'
 #define BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(cond, msg) compiletime_assert(!(cond), msg)
                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:59:21: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG'
 #define BUILD_BUG() BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(1, "BUILD_BUG failed")
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/huge_mm.h:272:27: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG'
 #define HPAGE_PMD_MASK ({ BUILD_BUG(); 0; })
                           ^~~~~~~~~
kernel/events/uprobes.c:557:39: note: in expansion of macro 'HPAGE_PMD_MASK'
   collapse_pte_mapped_thp(mm, vaddr & HPAGE_PMD_MASK);
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  9cc0b998b380 ("uprobe: collapse THP pmd after removing all uprobes")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell