Subject: [PATCH 1/1] checkpatch: revert broken NOTIFIER_HEAD check

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 15:54:43 -0700

From: John Hubbard <[email-masked]>

commit 1a47005dd5aa ("checkpatch: add *_NOTIFIER_HEAD as var
definition") causes the following warning when run on some
patches:

Unescaped left brace in regex is passed through in regex;
marked by < --HERE in m/(?:
...
   [238 lines of appalling perl output, mercifully not included]
...
)/ at ./scripts/checkpatch.pl line 3889.

This is broken, so revert it until a better solution is found.

Fixes: 1a47005dd5aa ("checkpatch: add *_NOTIFIER_HEAD as var
definition")

Cc: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ofir Drang <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: John Hubbard <[email-masked]>
---
 scripts/checkpatch.pl | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/scripts/checkpatch.pl b/scripts/checkpatch.pl
index 1cdacb4fd207..9fc206ab3c0c 100755
--- a/scripts/checkpatch.pl
+++ b/scripts/checkpatch.pl
@@ -3891,7 +3891,6 @@ sub process {
 				^.DEFINE_$Ident\(\Q$name\E\)|
 				^.DECLARE_$Ident\(\Q$name\E\)|
 				^.LIST_HEAD\(\Q$name\E\)|
-				^.{$Ident}_NOTIFIER_HEAD\(\Q$name\E\)|
 				^.(?:$Storage\s+)?$Type\s*\(\s*\*\s*\Q$name\E\s*\)\s*\(|
 				\b\Q$name\E(?:\s+$Attribute)*\s*(?:;|=|\[|\()
 			    )/x) {
-- 
2.22.0