Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the arm-soc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:23:41 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the arm-soc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/kernel.h:15,
                 from include/linux/list.h:9,
                 from include/linux/module.h:9,
                 from drivers/dma/iop-adma.c:13:
drivers/dma/iop-adma.c: In function '__iop_adma_slot_cleanup':
drivers/dma/iop-adma.c:118:12: warning: format '%x' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 6 has type 'dma_addr_t' {aka 'long long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
   pr_debug("\tcookie: %d slot: %d busy: %d "
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/printk.h:288:21: note: in definition of macro 'pr_fmt'
 #define pr_fmt(fmt) fmt
                     ^~~
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:143:2: note: in expansion of macro '__dynamic_func_call'
  __dynamic_func_call(__UNIQUE_ID(ddebug), fmt, func, ##__VA_ARGS__)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dynamic_debug.h:153:2: note: in expansion of macro '_dynamic_func_call'
  _dynamic_func_call(fmt, __dynamic_pr_debug,  \
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/printk.h:336:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dynamic_pr_debug'
  dynamic_pr_debug(fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/dma/iop-adma.c:118:3: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_debug'
   pr_debug("\tcookie: %d slot: %d busy: %d "
   ^~~~~~~~
drivers/dma/iop-adma.c:119:18: note: format string is defined here
    "this_desc: %#x next_desc: %#llx ack: %d\n",
                ~~^
                %#llx

Introduced (or exposed?) by commit

  00c9755524fb ("dmaengine: iop-adma: use correct printk format strings")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell