Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the security tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:01:06 +1000

Hi all,

FIXME: Add owner of second tree to To:
       Add author(s)/SOB of conflicting commits.

Today's linux-next merge of the security tree got conflicts in:

  arch/s390/configs/debug_defconfig
  arch/s390/configs/defconfig

between commit:

  3361f3193c74 ("s390: update configs")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  99d5cadfde2b ("kexec_file: split KEXEC_VERIFY_SIG into KEXEC_SIG and KEXEC_SIG_FORCE")

from the security tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the CONFIG option updated by the latter)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell