Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the clockevents tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:08:33 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the clockevents tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/time/posix-timers.c

between commits:

  ec8f954a40da ("posix-timers: Use a callback for cancel synchronization on PREEMPT_RT")
  0bee3b601b77 ("hrtimer: Improve comments on handling priority inversion against softirq kthread")

from the tip tree and commit:

  08a3c192c93f ("posix-timers: Prepare for PREEMPT_RT")

from the clockevents tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the tip tree version) and can carry the fix
as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but
any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell