Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the staging tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:24:32 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the staging tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/trace/events/erofs.h:8,
                 from <command-line>:
include/trace/events/erofs.h:28:37: warning: 'struct dentry' declared inside parameter list will not be visible outside of this definition or declaration
  TP_PROTO(struct inode *dir, struct dentry *dentry, unsigned int flags),
                                     ^~~~~~
include/linux/tracepoint.h:233:34: note: in definition of macro '__DECLARE_TRACE'
  static inline void trace_##name(proto)    \
                                  ^~~~~
include/linux/tracepoint.h:396:24: note: in expansion of macro 'PARAMS'
  __DECLARE_TRACE(name, PARAMS(proto), PARAMS(args),  \
                        ^~~~~~
include/linux/tracepoint.h:532:2: note: in expansion of macro 'DECLARE_TRACE'
  DECLARE_TRACE(name, PARAMS(proto), PARAMS(args))
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/tracepoint.h:532:22: note: in expansion of macro 'PARAMS'
  DECLARE_TRACE(name, PARAMS(proto), PARAMS(args))
                      ^~~~~~
include/trace/events/erofs.h:26:1: note: in expansion of macro 'TRACE_EVENT'
 TRACE_EVENT(erofs_lookup,
 ^~~~~~~~~~~
include/trace/events/erofs.h:28:2: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_PROTO'
  TP_PROTO(struct inode *dir, struct dentry *dentry, unsigned int flags),
  ^~~~~~~~

and moany more like this ...

Introduced by commit

  47e4937a4a7c ("erofs: move erofs out of staging")

(or, at least, exposed by it).  It needs, at least, a "struct dentry;"
added to the file.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell