Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:20:12 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from sound/soc/intel/boards/sof_rt5682.c:23:
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h: In function 'soc_intel_is_cml':
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: error: 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L'?
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/sst_acpi.c:35:
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h: In function 'soc_intel_is_cml':
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: error: 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L'?
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  af239c44e3f9 ("x86/intel: Aggregate big core mobile naming")

interacting with commit

  c643c189f0fe ("ASoC: Intel: boards: Add Cometlake machine driver support")

from the sound-asoc tree.

I have added the following merge fix patch:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 16:08:49 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] ASoC: Intel: boards: merge fix for INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE -> INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L change

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 sound/soc/intel/common/soc-intel-quirks.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/sound/soc/intel/common/soc-intel-quirks.h b/sound/soc/intel/common/soc-intel-quirks.h
index e6357d306cb8..863a477d3405 100644
--- a/sound/soc/intel/common/soc-intel-quirks.h
+++ b/sound/soc/intel/common/soc-intel-quirks.h
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(byt, INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_SILVERMONT);
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cht, INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_AIRMONT);
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(apl, INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_GOLDMONT);
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(glk, INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_GOLDMONT_PLUS);
-SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
+SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L);
 
 static inline bool soc_intel_is_byt_cr(struct platform_device *pdev)
 {
-- 
2.20.1

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell