Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the hmm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 20:50:17 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the hmm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

ERROR: "__nd_driver_register" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_compat.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_namespace_common_probe" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "devm_nsio_disable" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "devm_nsio_enable" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_setup_pfn" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nd_dax" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nd_region" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem_core.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__nd_driver_register" [drivers/dax/pmem/dax_pmem.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_cmd_mask" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_blk_region_provider_data" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_blk_region_to_dimm" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_bus_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_fletcher64" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_blk_region_set_provider_data" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_kobj" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_pmem_region_create" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_cmd_in_size" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_region_dev" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_bus_register" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_to_bus" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_numa_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_in_overwrite" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_flush" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_region_acquire_lane" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_provider_data" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_volatile_region_create" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "devm_nvdimm_memremap" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_region_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nvdimm_bus_dev" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_name" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_blk_memremap_flags" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_bus_unregister" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_cmd_dimm_desc" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_mapping_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_cmd_out_size" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_region_release_lane" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_device_attribute_group" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nd_desc" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_has_flush" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nvdimm_bus" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_bus_check_dimm_count" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nd_region" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "__nvdimm_create" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nvdimm" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_cmd_bus_desc" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_bus_add_badrange" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nd_region_provider_data" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "to_nd_blk_region" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_region_notify" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!
ERROR: "nvdimm_blk_region_create" [drivers/acpi/nfit/nfit.ko] undefined!

Caused by commit

  126470c8a58b ("libnvdimm: Enable unit test infrastructure compile checks")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell