Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the amdgpu tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 16:58:28 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the amdgpu tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile

between commit:

  30851871d5ab ("kbuild: change *FLAGS_<basetarget>.o to take the path relative to $(obj)")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  b04641a3f4c5 ("drm/amd/display: Add Renoir DML")

from the amdgpu tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
index 289261b0de50,af2a864a6da0..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
@@@ -36,16 -36,25 +36,20 @@@ ifdef CONFIG_CC_IS_CLAN
  dml_ccflags += -msse2
  endif
  
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_lib.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_mode_lib.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  
  ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_DCN2_0
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_mode_vba.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_mode_vba_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_rq_dlg_calc_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  endif
+ ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_DCN2_1
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)dc/dml/dcn21/display_mode_vba_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)dc/dml/dcn21/display_rq_dlg_calc_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
+ endif
 -ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DCN3AG
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_3ag.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -endif
 -CFLAGS_dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_helpers.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_dml_common_defs.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_rq_dlg_helpers.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dml_common_defs.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  
  DML = display_mode_lib.o display_rq_dlg_helpers.o dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o \
  	dml_common_defs.o