Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the kbuild tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 22:47:49 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile

between commit:

  54b8ae66ae1a345 ("kbuild: change *FLAGS_<basetarget>.o to take the path relative to $(obj)")

from the kbuild tree and commits:

  0f0727d971f6fdf ("drm/amd/display: readd -msse2 to prevent Clang from emitting libcalls to undefined SW FP routines")
  542816ff168d8a3 ("drm/amd/display: Add DCN2.1 changes to DML")
  b04641a3f4c54b0 ("drm/amd/display: Add Renoir DML")
  057fc695e934a77 ("drm/amd/display: support "dummy pstate"")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
index 83792e2c0f0e4,af2a864a6da05..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/Makefile
@@@ -32,16 -32,29 +32,25 @@@ endi
  
  dml_ccflags := -mhard-float -msse $(cc_stack_align)
  
+ ifdef CONFIG_CC_IS_CLANG
+ dml_ccflags += -msse2
+ endif
+ 
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_lib.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_mode_lib.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  
  ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_DCN2_0
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -endif
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_mode_vba.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_mode_vba_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_rq_dlg_calc_20.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_mode_vba_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn20/display_rq_dlg_calc_20v2.o := $(dml_ccflags)
+ ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DC_DCN2_1
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_calc_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -endif
 -ifdef CONFIG_DRM_AMD_DCN3AG
 -CFLAGS_display_mode_vba_3ag.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn21/display_mode_vba_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
++CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dcn21/display_rq_dlg_calc_21.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  endif
 -CFLAGS_dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_display_rq_dlg_helpers.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 -CFLAGS_dml_common_defs.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/display_rq_dlg_helpers.o := $(dml_ccflags)
 +CFLAGS_$(AMDDALPATH)/dc/dml/dml_common_defs.o := $(dml_ccflags)
  
  DML = display_mode_lib.o display_rq_dlg_helpers.o dml1_display_rq_dlg_calc.o \
  	dml_common_defs.o