Subject: linux-next: Tree for Sep 15

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 04:11:11 +0100

Hi all,

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 11835
 11503 files changed, 777542 insertions(+), 373473 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with a defconfig for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 310 trees (counting Linus' and 77 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.