Subject: linux-next: Tree for Sep 16

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 23:38:50 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20190915:

The arm64 tree acquired a conflict with the compiler-attributes tree.

The ia64 tree acquired a conflict with the dma-mapping tree.

The vfs tree acquired a conflict with the ubifds tree.

A workaround was applied for a merge issue between the drm and kbuild 
trees with a patch sent by Xinpeng Liu, Austin Kim sent a similar fix.
There are further issues with this merge that still need to be resolved.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 11922
 11682 files changed, 762897 insertions(+), 376399 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with a defconfig for arm64, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 310 trees (counting Linus' and 77 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.