Subject: Build failure after merge of the sound-current

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:38:58 +0100

After merging the sound-current tree, today's linux-next build for x86
allmodconfig failed like this:

In file included from /home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/sof_rt5682.c:23:
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h: In function 'soc_intel_is_cml':
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: error: 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L'?
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/boards/../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[5]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:281: sound/soc/intel/boards/sof_rt5682.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:497: sound/soc/intel/boards] Error 2
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/sst_acpi.c:35:
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h: In function 'soc_intel_is_cml':
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: error: 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_L'?
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:18:44: note: in definition of macro 'ICPU'
 #define ICPU(model) { X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 6, model, X86_FEATURE_ANY, }
                                            ^~~~~
/home/broonie/next/next/sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/../../common/soc-intel-quirks.h:39:1: note: in expansion of macro 'SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU'
 SOC_INTEL_IS_CPU(cml, INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[6]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:281: sound/soc/intel/atom/sst/sst_acpi.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:497: sound/soc/intel/atom/sst] Error 2
make[4]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:497: sound/soc/intel/atom] Error 2
make[3]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:497: sound/soc/intel] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/scripts/Makefile.build:497: sound/soc] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/home/broonie/next/next/Makefile:1087: sound] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Makefile:179: sub-make] Error 2
Command exited with non-zero status 2

caused by commit

	c643c189f0fec116 (ASoC: Intel: boards: Add Cometlake machine driver support)

IIRC there was some previous discussion of a dependency on other changes
here but I thought that was resolved?  I've reverted that commit for
today.