Subject: Re: Request to add linux-kselftest test branch

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 08:05:38 -0700

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 01:30:15PM -0600, Shuah Khan wrote:

> Please add the following linux-kselftest test branch to linux-next.

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shuah/linux-kselftest.git/log/?h=test

> please let me know if you have questions.

OK, I've added that now - I did actually merge it in by hand
yesterday too.  It looks like it's for kunit so I guess Brendan
should be in the CC list for any issues too?  Hopefully Stephen
will see these mails when he gets back but it's worth checking
and following up to make sure that he picks it up after he gets
back on the 30th.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.