Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the jc_docs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 13:18:35 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/admin-guide/cgroup-v2.rst

between commit:

  6ee0fac199e1 ("docs: fix memory.low description in cgroup-v2.rst")

from the jc_docs tree and commit:

  3968bb6dec48 ("mm, memcg: proportional memory.{low,min} reclaim")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Documentation/admin-guide/cgroup-v2.rst
index 26d1cde6b34a,5361ebec3361..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/admin-guide/cgroup-v2.rst
+++ b/Documentation/admin-guide/cgroup-v2.rst
@@@ -1117,8 -1120,11 +1120,11 @@@ PAGE_SIZE multiple when read back
  
  	Best-effort memory protection.  If the memory usage of a
  	cgroup is within its effective low boundary, the cgroup's
 -	memory won't be reclaimed unless memory can be reclaimed
 -	from unprotected cgroups.  Above the effective low boundary (or
 -	effective min boundary if it is higher), pages are reclaimed
 -	proportionally to the overage, reducing reclaim pressure for
 -	smaller overages.
 +	memory won't be reclaimed unless there is no reclaimable
- 	memory available in unprotected cgroups.
++	memory available in unprotected cgroups.  Above the effective
++	low boundary (or effective min boundary if it is higher), pages
++	are reclaimed proportionally to the overage, reducing reclaim
++	pressure for smaller overages.
  
  	Effective low boundary is limited by memory.low values of
  	all ancestor cgroups. If there is memory.low overcommitment