Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the admgpu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 11:10:22 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_mst_types.c

between commit:

  2f232cf29e03 ("drm/amdgpu/dm/mst: Don't create MST topology managers for eDP ports")

from the admgpu tree and commit:

  ae85b0df124f ("drm_dp_cec: add connector info support.")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_mst_types.c
index 3af2b429ff1b,5ec14efd4d8c..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_mst_types.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm_mst_types.c
@@@ -414,11 -416,7 +414,11 @@@ void amdgpu_dm_initialize_dp_connector(
  
  	drm_dp_aux_register(&aconnector->dm_dp_aux.aux);
  	drm_dp_cec_register_connector(&aconnector->dm_dp_aux.aux,
- 				      aconnector->base.name, dm->adev->dev);
+ 				      &aconnector->base);
 +
 +	if (aconnector->base.connector_type == DRM_MODE_CONNECTOR_eDP)
 +		return;
 +
  	aconnector->mst_mgr.cbs = &dm_mst_cbs;
  	drm_dp_mst_topology_mgr_init(
  		&aconnector->mst_mgr,