Subject: Re: Adding thermal group git tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:51:54 +1100

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 20:30:33 +0200 Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> we decided to consolidate the thermal tree into a group which becomes
> the reference for the thermal subsystem.
> 
> Patches are reviewed and tested with kernelci in a bleeding edge branch
> and then merged to the linux-next branch.
> 
> Is it possible to add the thermal/linux-next branch to the linux-tree?
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/thermal/linux.git
> thermal/linux-next

OK, I have added this from today.  I renamed the previous thermal tree
to be thermal-zhang.  Currently you are the only contact for this new
thermal tree, let me know if you want any others added.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]