Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the thermal tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:23:34 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the thermal tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c:13:
drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c: In function 'tsens_set_interrupt':
include/linux/regmap.h:87:2: warning: 'index' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   87 |  regmap_field_update_bits_base(field, ~0, val, NULL, false, false)
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c:183:6: note: 'index' was declared here
  183 |  u32 index;
      |      ^~~~~
In file included from drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c:13:
include/linux/regmap.h:87:2: warning: 'index_clear' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   87 |  regmap_field_update_bits_base(field, ~0, val, NULL, false, false)
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c:199:18: note: 'index_clear' was declared here
  199 |  u32 index_mask, index_clear;
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/thermal/qcom/tsens-common.c:199:6: warning: 'index_mask' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  199 |  u32 index_mask, index_clear;
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  fbfe1a042cfd ("drivers: thermal: tsens: Add interrupt support")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell