Subject: Coverity: gen12_emit_flush_render(): Integer handling issues

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:02:06 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191025 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

36a6b5d964d9 ("drm/i915/tgl: Add extra hdc flush workaround")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1487377:  Integer handling issues  (NO_EFFECT)
/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c: 3282 in gen12_emit_flush_render()
3276     		*cs++ = preparser_disable(false);
3277     		intel_ring_advance(request, cs);
3278
3279     		/*
3280     		 * Wa_1604544889:tgl
3281     		 */
vvv     CID 1487377:  Integer handling issues  (NO_EFFECT)
vvv     This greater-than-or-equal-to-zero comparison of an unsigned value is always true. "request->i915->drm.pdev->revision >= 0".
3282     		if (IS_TGL_REVID(request->i915, TGL_REVID_A0, TGL_REVID_A0)) {
3283     			flags = 0;
3284     			flags |= PIPE_CONTROL_CS_STALL;
3285     			flags |= PIPE_CONTROL_HDC_PIPELINE_FLUSH;
3286
3287     			flags |= PIPE_CONTROL_STORE_DATA_INDEX;

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include:

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1487377 ("Integer handling issues")
Fixes: 36a6b5d964d9 ("drm/i915/tgl: Add extra hdc flush workaround")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot