Subject: Coverity: aq_nic_init(): Code maintainability issues

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:02:15 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191025 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

dbcd6806af42 ("net: aquantia: add support for Phy access")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1487376:  Code maintainability issues  (UNUSED_VALUE)
/drivers/net/ethernet/aquantia/atlantic/aq_nic.c: 344 in aq_nic_init()
338     				       aq_nic_get_ndev(self)->dev_addr);
339     	if (err < 0)
340     		goto err_exit;
341
342     	if (self->aq_nic_cfg.aq_hw_caps->media_type == AQ_HW_MEDIA_TYPE_TP) {
343     		self->aq_hw->phy_id = HW_ATL_PHY_ID_MAX;
vvv     CID 1487376:  Code maintainability issues  (UNUSED_VALUE)
vvv     Assigning value from "aq_phy_init(self->aq_hw)" to "err" here, but that stored value is overwritten before it can be used.
344     		err = aq_phy_init(self->aq_hw);
345     	}
346
347     	for (i = 0U, aq_vec = self->aq_vec[0];
348     		self->aq_vecs > i; ++i, aq_vec = self->aq_vec[i])
349     		aq_vec_init(aq_vec, self->aq_hw_ops, self->aq_hw);

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include:

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1487376 ("Code maintainability issues")
Fixes: dbcd6806af42 ("net: aquantia: add support for Phy access")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot