Subject: Coverity: find_idlest_group(): Null pointer dereferences

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:03:20 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191025 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

57abff067a08 ("sched/fair: Rework find_idlest_group()")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1487371:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
/kernel/sched/fair.c: 8319 in find_idlest_group()
8313     	case group_asym_packing:
8314     		/* Those type are not used in the slow wakeup path */
8315     		return NULL;
8316
8317     	case group_misfit_task:
8318     		/* Select group with the highest max capacity */
vvv     CID 1487371:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
vvv     Dereferencing null pointer "local".
8319     		if (local->sgc->max_capacity >= idlest->sgc->max_capacity)
8320     			return NULL;
8321     		break;
8322
8323     	case group_has_spare:
8324     		if (sd->flags & SD_NUMA) {

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include:

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1487371 ("Null pointer dereferences")
Fixes: 57abff067a08 ("sched/fair: Rework find_idlest_group()")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot