Subject: Coverity: execlists_update_context(): Integer handling issues

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:04:09 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191025 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

08fff7aeddc9 ("drm/i915/tgl: Wa_1607138340")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1487369:  Integer handling issues  (NO_EFFECT)
/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c: 1057 in execlists_update_context()
1051     	mb();
1052
1053     	desc = ce->lrc_desc;
1054     	ce->lrc_desc &= ~CTX_DESC_FORCE_RESTORE;
1055
1056     	/* Wa_1607138340:tgl */
vvv     CID 1487369:  Integer handling issues  (NO_EFFECT)
vvv     This greater-than-or-equal-to-zero comparison of an unsigned value is always true. "rq->i915->drm.pdev->revision >= 0".
1057     	if (IS_TGL_REVID(rq->i915, TGL_REVID_A0, TGL_REVID_A0))
1058     		desc |= CTX_DESC_FORCE_RESTORE;
1059
1060     	return desc;
1061     }
1062

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include:

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1487369 ("Integer handling issues")
Fixes: 08fff7aeddc9 ("drm/i915/tgl: Wa_1607138340")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot