Subject: Coverity: intel_set_dp_tp_ctl_normal(): Memory - illegal accesses

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:05:40 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191025 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

eadf6f9170d5 ("drm/i915/display/icl: Enable master-slaves in trans port sync")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1487364:  Memory - illegal accesses  (UNINIT)
/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/intel_display.c: 14249 in intel_set_dp_tp_ctl_normal()
14243     	int i;
14244
14245     	for_each_new_connector_in_state(&state->base, conn, conn_state, i) {
14246     		if (conn_state->crtc == &crtc->base)
14247     			break;
14248     	}
vvv     CID 1487364:  Memory - illegal accesses  (UNINIT)
vvv     Using uninitialized value "conn" when calling "intel_attached_encoder".
14249     	intel_dp = enc_to_intel_dp(&intel_attached_encoder(conn)->base);
14250     	intel_dp_stop_link_train(intel_dp);
14251     }
14252
14253     static void intel_post_crtc_enable_updates(struct intel_crtc *crtc,
14254     					   struct intel_atomic_state *state)

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include:

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1487364 ("Memory - illegal accesses")
Fixes: eadf6f9170d5 ("drm/i915/display/icl: Enable master-slaves in trans port sync")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot