Subject: Coverity: lpfc_cmpl_els_rsp(): Null pointer dereferences

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 09:43:28 -0800

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20191031 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

2e0fef85e098 ("[SCSI] lpfc: NPIV: split ports")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 101747:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_els.c: 4439 in lpfc_cmpl_els_rsp()
4433     			kfree(mp);
4434     		}
4435     		mempool_free(mbox, phba->mbox_mem_pool);
4436     	}
4437     out:
4438     	if (ndlp && NLP_CHK_NODE_ACT(ndlp)) {
vvv     CID 101747:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
vvv     Dereferencing null pointer "shost".
4439     		spin_lock_irq(shost->host_lock);
4440     		ndlp->nlp_flag &= ~(NLP_ACC_REGLOGIN | NLP_RM_DFLT_RPI);
4441     		spin_unlock_irq(shost->host_lock);
4442
4443     		/* If the node is not being used by another discovery thread,
4444     		 * and we are sending a reject, we are done with it.

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include these lines (but double-check the "Fixes" first):

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 101747 ("Null pointer dereferences")
Fixes: 2e0fef85e098 ("[SCSI] lpfc: NPIV: split ports")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot