Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the y2038 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 15:38:10 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the y2038 tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c: In function 'update_vsyscall':
arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c:960:33: error: 'struct timespec64' has no member named 'sec'
  960 |  vdso_data->stamp_xtime_sec = xt.sec;
      |                                 ^
arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c:961:34: error: 'struct timespec64' has no member named 'nsec'
  961 |  vdso_data->stamp_xtime_nsec = xt.nsec;
      |                                  ^

Caused by commit

  009a81339beb ("y2038: vdso: powerpc: avoid timespec references")

I have added the following patch for today.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 15:28:13 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] fix up for "y2038: vdso: powerpc: avoid timespec references"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c
index ee9ba3a48c76..2d13cea13954 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c
@@ -957,8 +957,8 @@ void update_vsyscall(struct timekeeper *tk)
 	vdso_data->tb_to_xs = new_tb_to_xs;
 	vdso_data->wtom_clock_sec = tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_sec;
 	vdso_data->wtom_clock_nsec = tk->wall_to_monotonic.tv_nsec;
-	vdso_data->stamp_xtime_sec = xt.sec;
-	vdso_data->stamp_xtime_nsec = xt.nsec;
+	vdso_data->stamp_xtime_sec = xt.tv_sec;
+	vdso_data->stamp_xtime_nsec = xt.tv_nsec;
 	vdso_data->stamp_sec_fraction = frac_sec;
 	smp_wmb();
 	++(vdso_data->tb_update_count);
-- 
2.23.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell