Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the ftrace tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:10:40 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the ftrace tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/trace/trace_export.c

between commit:

  60fdad00827c ("ftrace: Rework event_create_dir()")

from the tip tree and commit:

  6dff4d7dd3e0 ("tracing: Make internal ftrace events static")

from the ftrace tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc kernel/trace/trace_export.c
index 6d64c1c19fd5,2e6d2e9741cc..000000000000
--- a/kernel/trace/trace_export.c
+++ b/kernel/trace/trace_export.c
@@@ -142,10 -168,12 +142,10 @@@ static struct trace_event_fields ftrace
  #define F_printk(fmt, args...) __stringify(fmt) ", "  __stringify(args)
  
  #undef FTRACE_ENTRY_REG
 -#define FTRACE_ENTRY_REG(call, struct_name, etype, tstruct, print, filter,\
 -			 regfn)						\
 -									\
 +#define FTRACE_ENTRY_REG(call, struct_name, etype, tstruct, print, regfn) \
- struct trace_event_class __refdata event_class_ftrace_##call = {	\
+ static struct trace_event_class __refdata event_class_ftrace_##call = {	\
  	.system			= __stringify(TRACE_SYSTEM),		\
 -	.define_fields		= ftrace_define_fields_##call,		\
 +	.fields_array		= ftrace_event_fields_##call,		\
  	.fields			= LIST_HEAD_INIT(event_class_ftrace_##call.fields),\
  	.reg			= regfn,				\
  };									\