Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the pm tree with the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:13:45 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the pm tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/power/pci.rst

between commits:

  b64cf7a1711d ("PCI/PM: Wrap long lines in documentation")
  89cdbc354635 ("PCI/PM: Remove unused pci_driver.resume_early() hook")
  1a1daf097e21 ("PCI/PM: Remove unused pci_driver.suspend_late() hook")

from the pci tree and commit:

  1992b66d2f55 ("PM: Wrap documentation to fit in 80 columns")

from the pm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Documentation/power/pci.rst
index 0924d29636ad,51e0a493d284..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/power/pci.rst
+++ b/Documentation/power/pci.rst
@@@ -692,11 -692,11 +692,11 @@@ controlling the runtime power managemen
  At the time of this writing there are two ways to define power management
  callbacks for a PCI device driver, the recommended one, based on using a
  dev_pm_ops structure described in Documentation/driver-api/pm/devices.rst, and
- the "legacy" one, in which the .suspend() and .resume() callbacks from struct
- pci_driver are used.  The legacy approach, however, doesn't allow one to define
- runtime power management callbacks and is not really suitable for any new
- drivers.  Therefore it is not covered by this document (refer to the source code
- to learn more about it).
 -the "legacy" one, in which the .suspend(), .suspend_late(), .resume_early(), and
 -.resume() callbacks from struct pci_driver are used.  The legacy approach,
 -however, doesn't allow one to define runtime power management callbacks and is
 -not really suitable for any new drivers.  Therefore it is not covered by this
 -document (refer to the source code to learn more about it).
++the "legacy" one, in which the .suspend() and .resume() callbacks from
++struct pci_driver are used.  The legacy approach, however, doesn't allow
++one to define runtime power management callbacks and is not really suitable
++for any new drivers.  Therefore it is not covered by this document (refer
++to the source code to learn more about it).
  
  It is recommended that all PCI device drivers define a struct dev_pm_ops object
  containing pointers to power management (PM) callbacks that will be executed by