Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:23:31 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c: In function 'anx6345_i2c_probe':
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c:738:30: error: implicit declaration of function 'i2c_new_dummy' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  738 |    anx6345->i2c_clients[i] = i2c_new_dummy(client->adapter,
      |                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c:738:28: warning: assignment to 'struct i2c_client *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
  738 |    anx6345->i2c_clients[i] = i2c_new_dummy(client->adapter,
      |                            ^

Caused by commit

  6aa192698089 ("drm/bridge: Add Analogix anx6345 support")

interacting with commit

  2c2f00ab1641 ("i2c: remove i2c_new_dummy() API")

From Linus' tree.

I have applied the following fix up patch for today:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:11:19 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] drm/bridge: fix up for removal of i2c_new_dummy()

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c
index 9917ce0d86a0..56f55c53abfd 100644
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c
@@ -735,13 +735,13 @@ static int anx6345_i2c_probe(struct i2c_client *client,
 	/* Map slave addresses of ANX6345 */
 	for (i = 0; i < I2C_NUM_ADDRESSES; i++) {
 		if (anx6345_i2c_addresses[i] >> 1 != client->addr)
-			anx6345->i2c_clients[i] = i2c_new_dummy(client->adapter,
+			anx6345->i2c_clients[i] = i2c_new_dummy_device(client->adapter,
 						anx6345_i2c_addresses[i] >> 1);
 		else
 			anx6345->i2c_clients[i] = client;
 
-		if (!anx6345->i2c_clients[i]) {
-			err = -ENOMEM;
+		if (IS_ERR(anx6345->i2c_clients[i])) {
+			err = PTR_ERR(anx6345->i2c_clients[i]);
 			DRM_ERROR("Failed to reserve I2C bus %02x\n",
 				  anx6345_i2c_addresses[i]);
 			goto err_unregister_i2c;
-- 
2.24.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell