Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sunxi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 09:20:17 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sunxi tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:292: arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-v40-bananapi-m2-berry.dtb] Error 2
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:292: arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40-bananapi-m2-ultra.dtb] Error 2
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:656.21-669.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c05000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:671.21-684.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c06000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:686.21-699.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c07000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-r40.dtsi:701.21-714.5: ERROR (phandle_references): /soc/spi@1c0f000: Reference to non-existent node or label "dma"
ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.lib:292: arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-t3-cqa3t-bv3.dtb] Error 2

I am not sure which commits caused this.  I have used the sunxi tree
from next-20200106 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell