Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kunit-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 17:43:00 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kunit-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_X_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0xf5c): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0xf6f): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_X_code_mismatch':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1113): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1126): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1161): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x11a5): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_X_code_match':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1350): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1363): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x139e): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x13e9): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u64_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x15a1): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x15b4): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1646): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1677): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u64_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x17e7): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x17fa): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1857): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x18a2): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1934): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1965): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u64_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1ab0): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1ac3): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1b20): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1b6b): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1bfd): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1c2e): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u32_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1db1): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1dc4): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1e56): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1e87): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u32_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1feb): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x1ffe): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2060): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x20b3): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2145): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2176): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u32_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x22b4): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x22c7): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2329): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x237c): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x240e): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x243f): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u16_chunk_out_of_bounds_2':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2643): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x266c): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x26b4): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x26dd): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2757): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2777): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u16_chunk_out_of_bounds_1':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x297e): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x29a7): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x29ef): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2a18): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2a94): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2ab4): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_u16_chunk_basic':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2ce1): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2d01): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2d4e): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2d7a): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2ddf): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2e07): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_strdup_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2f86): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x2fcc): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3023): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3052): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x30bf): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x30ea): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_strdup_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x324f): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x329f): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x32da): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3350): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x33c9): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3418): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_strdup_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x359c): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x35ec): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3627): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x369d): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3716): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3765): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_str_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x38d3): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3919): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3986): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x39b1): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_str_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3ae7): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3b2e): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3b95): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3bdb): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_str_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3d26): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3d6d): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3dd4): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3e1a): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_nameX_with_wrong_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3f55): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3f68): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x3ffa): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x402b): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_nameX_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4186): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4199): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4229): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x425a): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_nameX_with_wrong_code':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4390): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x43a3): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4435): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4466): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_nameX_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x459f): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x45b2): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4642): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4673): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_blob_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x47f3): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4839): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x48a6): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x48d1): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_blob_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4a2a): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4a7a): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4ac3): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4af9): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_blob_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4c55): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4ca5): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4cee): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4d24): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_array_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4eac): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4eed): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4f6c): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x4f8c): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_array_with_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x50ec): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x512e): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x51ad): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x51cd): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_unpack_array_with_null_name':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x52f8): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x533a): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x53b9): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_ptr_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x53d9): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_inbounds_when_out_of_bounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x54cf): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x5533): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_inbounds_when_inbounds':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x562e): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x5641): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x5685): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x56e8): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x5727): undefined reference to `kunit_unary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x5787): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `kunit_test_suites_init':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x57f6): undefined reference to `kunit_run_tests'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `build_aa_ext_struct':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9e2e): undefined reference to `kunit_kmalloc'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9e69): undefined reference to `kunit_ptr_not_err_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9ebc): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9ece): undefined reference to `kunit_kmalloc'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9f09): undefined reference to `kunit_ptr_not_err_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0x9f5d): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: security/apparmor/policy_unpack.o: in function `policy_unpack_test_init':
policy_unpack.c:(.text+0xa216): undefined reference to `kunit_kmalloc'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0xa251): undefined reference to `kunit_ptr_not_err_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: policy_unpack.c:(.text+0xa2a1): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/power/qos-test.o: in function `kunit_test_suites_init':
qos-test.c:(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `kunit_run_tests'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/power/qos-test.o: in function `freq_qos_test_readd':
qos-test.c:(.text+0x179): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x294): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x306): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x359): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x3c3): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x413): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x482): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x4d1): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x54d): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x59d): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x60f): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x662): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/power/qos-test.o: in function `freq_qos_test_min':
qos-test.c:(.text+0x7f8): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x848): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x8c7): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x917): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x989): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x9dc): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xa49): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xa99): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xb0b): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xb5e): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xbc8): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xc18): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xc87): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xcd6): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/power/qos-test.o: in function `freq_qos_test_maxdef':
qos-test.c:(.text+0xe6e): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xec1): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xf3a): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0xf89): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1005): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1054): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x10c3): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1113): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1185): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x11d8): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1247): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1296): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1308): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x135b): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x13c5): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1415): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x1487): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: qos-test.c:(.text+0x14da): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'

I am not sure what caused this.

This build is a cross build and using a separate object directory (in
case that matters).

I used the kunit-next tree from next-20200109 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell