Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the random tree

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:57:39 -0500

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:22:21AM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> 
> Oh, I didn't realize I was the author. Sorry!
> 
> Sure, confirmed
> 
> Signed-off-by: Sergey Senozhatsky <[email-masked]>
>

Hmm... the e-mail in question[1] was sent by Qian Cai, but there was a

   From: Sergey Senozhatsky <[email-masked]>

in the first line of the body which attributed the patch to you.  But
then e-mail continues:

   Sergey didn't like the locking order .... but those code is so old,
   and I have no clue how to de-couple it after checking other locks in
   the splat. There is an onging effort to make all printk() as deferred,
   so until that happens, workaround it for now as a short-term fix.

So did Qian Cai author the patch, and this should have been
"Reported-by Sergey Senozhatsky"?  In which case I need a
Signed-off-by from Qian Cai.

This is a pretty trivial patch, but it would be good to get the
attributions and credit correct!

						- Ted

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/