Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kunit-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:57:03 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kunit-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/test/property-entry-test.o: in function `kunit_test_suites_init':
property-entry-test.c:(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `kunit_run_tests'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/base/test/property-entry-test.o: in function `pe_test_reference':
property-entry-test.c:(.text+0x275): undefined reference to `kunit_binary_assert_format'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: property-entry-test.c:(.text+0x2c4): undefined reference to `kunit_do_assertion'

and lots more ...

Caused by commit

  27f9d7e984d9 ("software node: introduce CONFIG_KUNIT_DRIVER_PE_TEST")

from the pm tree interacting with commit

  35c57fc3f8ea ("kunit: building kunit as a module breaks allmodconfig")

I have disabled CONFIG_KUNIT_DRIVER_PE_TEST for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell