Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the arm tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 15:08:37 +0000

Hi,

Thanks Stephen, patch dropped.

It looks like Doug used his "m.disordat.com" address to submit the
patch through the web interface, and there was no From: in the patch
itself, so that was used as the patch author.  However, as you spotted,
it was signed off using Doug's "chromium.org" address.

I think it's time to make the patch system a bit more strict, checking
that the submission address is mentioned in a signed-off-by tag
somewhere in the commit message.

Doug, the patch system does have your "chromium.org" address, if that's
the one you want to use as the author, please submit using that instead.
Thanks.

Russell.

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:18:48PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Commit
> 
>   116375be0461 ("ARM: 8944/1: hw_breakpoint: Handle inexact watchpoint addresses")
> 
> is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.
> 
> -- 
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up