Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:05:45 +1100

Hi all,

[Also reported by Randy Dunlap]

After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

kernel/sched/psi.c: In function 'psi_proc_init':
kernel/sched/psi.c:1286:37: error: 'NUL' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NULL'?
 1286 |   proc_create("pressure/memory", 0, NUL, &psi_memory_proc_ops);
      |                                     ^~~
      |                                     NULL
kernel/sched/psi.c:1286:37: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
kernel/sched/psi.c:1287:39: error: invalid operands to binary & (have 'void *' and 'const struct proc_ops')
 1287 |   proc_create("pressure/cpu", 0, NULL &psi_cpu_proc_ops);
      |                                       ^
kernel/sched/psi.c:1287:3: error: too few arguments to function 'proc_create'
 1287 |   proc_create("pressure/cpu", 0, NULL &psi_cpu_proc_ops);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from kernel/sched/psi.c:133:
include/linux/proc_fs.h:64:24: note: declared here
   64 | struct proc_dir_entry *proc_create(const char *name, umode_t mode, struct proc_dir_entry *parent, const struct proc_ops *proc_ops);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by patch

  "proc: convert everything to "struct proc_ops""

I have applied the following fix patch for today.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 17:59:00 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] proc-convert-everything-to-struct-proc_ops-fix-2

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 kernel/sched/psi.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/kernel/sched/psi.c b/kernel/sched/psi.c
index 19967bceb64d..ac4bd0ca11cc 100644
--- a/kernel/sched/psi.c
+++ b/kernel/sched/psi.c
@@ -1283,8 +1283,8 @@ static int __init psi_proc_init(void)
 	if (psi_enable) {
 		proc_mkdir("pressure", NULL);
 		proc_create("pressure/io", 0, NULL, &psi_io_proc_ops);
-		proc_create("pressure/memory", 0, NUL, &psi_memory_proc_ops);
-		proc_create("pressure/cpu", 0, NULL &psi_cpu_proc_ops);
+		proc_create("pressure/memory", 0, NULL, &psi_memory_proc_ops);
+		proc_create("pressure/cpu", 0, NULL, &psi_cpu_proc_ops);
 	}
 	return 0;
 }
-- 
2.24.0

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell