Subject: Re: Linux-next-20200302: arm64 build failed

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 14:24:12 -0800

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 17:45:53 +0000 Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >  static void unmap_hotplug_range(unsigned long addr, unsigned long end,
> >  				bool free_mapped)
> >  {
> > @@ -854,7 +872,7 @@ static void unmap_hotplug_range(unsigned long addr, unsigned long end,
> >  			continue;
> >  
> >  		WARN_ON(!pgd_present(pgd));
> > -		unmap_hotplug_pud_range(pgdp, addr, next, free_mapped);
> > +		unmap_hotplug_p4d_range(pgdp, addr, next, free_mapped);
> >  	} while (addr = next, addr < end);
> >  }
> 
> Thanks Mike. With the additional diff below, I can get it to build with
> and without the p4d clean-up patches in -next. If Anshuman confirms that
> they work, I can add them on top of the arm64 for-next/memory-hotremove
> branch

Can't I simply fold these into the offending -mm
arm-arm64-add-support-for-folded-p4d-page-tables.patch?