Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 12:29:09 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/sound/core.h:10,
                 from sound/soc/amd/acp3x-rt5682-max9836.c:7:
sound/soc/amd/acp3x-rt5682-max9836.c: In function 'acp3x_probe':
sound/soc/amd/acp3x-rt5682-max9836.c:341:23: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'long int' [-Wformat=]
  341 |   dev_err(&pdev->dev, "DMIC gpio failed err=%d\n",
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
sound/soc/amd/acp3x-rt5682-max9836.c:341:3: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_err'
  341 |   dev_err(&pdev->dev, "DMIC gpio failed err=%d\n",
      |   ^~~~~~~
sound/soc/amd/acp3x-rt5682-max9836.c:341:46: note: format string is defined here
  341 |   dev_err(&pdev->dev, "DMIC gpio failed err=%d\n",
      |                                             ~^
      |                                              |
      |                                              int
      |                                             %ld

Introduced by commit

  72c3b2b09fcd ("ASoc: amd: Add DMIC switch capability to machine driver")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell