Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 13:54:57 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from fs/erofs/xattr.h:10,
                 from fs/erofs/inode.c:7:
fs/erofs/inode.c: In function 'erofs_read_inode':
fs/erofs/internal.h:197:31: error: 'PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'PA_SECTION_SHIFT'?
  197 | #define LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/inode.c:122:30: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK'
  122 |   inode->i_blocks = nblks << LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK;
      |                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/internal.h:197:31: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  197 | #define LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/inode.c:122:30: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK'
  122 |   inode->i_blocks = nblks << LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK;
      |                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from fs/erofs/data.c:7:
fs/erofs/data.c: In function 'erofs_read_raw_page':
fs/erofs/internal.h:197:31: error: 'PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'PA_SECTION_SHIFT'?
  197 | #define LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/data.c:226:4: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK'
  226 |    LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK;
      |    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/internal.h:197:31: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  197 | #define LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/data.c:226:4: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK'
  226 |    LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK;
      |    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/data.c: In function 'erofs_bmap':
fs/erofs/internal.h:197:31: error: 'PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'PA_SECTION_SHIFT'?
  197 | #define LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK PAGE_SECTORS_SHIFT
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fs/erofs/data.c:351:16: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK'
  351 |   if (block >> LOG_SECTORS_PER_BLOCK >= blks)
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  61c7d3d5e015 ("block: refactor duplicated macros")

I have used the block tree from next-20200311 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell