Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rtc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 16:15:58 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the rtc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c: In function 'mt2712_rtc_set_alarm':
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:235:6: warning: unused variable 'irqen' [-Wunused-variable]
  235 |  u16 irqen;
      |      ^~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c: At top level:
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:409:1: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'static'
  409 | static struct platform_driver mt2712_rtc_driver = {
      | ^~~~~~
In file included from drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:14:
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c: In function 'mt2712_rtc_driver_init':
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:24: error: 'mt2712_rtc_driver' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'mt2712_rtc_probe'?
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/platform_device.h:214:29: note: in definition of macro 'platform_driver_register'
  214 |  __platform_driver_register(drv, THIS_MODULE)
      |                             ^~~
include/linux/platform_device.h:244:2: note: in expansion of macro 'module_driver'
  244 |  module_driver(__platform_driver, platform_driver_register, \
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:1: note: in expansion of macro 'module_platform_driver'
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:24: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/platform_device.h:214:29: note: in definition of macro 'platform_driver_register'
  214 |  __platform_driver_register(drv, THIS_MODULE)
      |                             ^~~
include/linux/platform_device.h:244:2: note: in expansion of macro 'module_driver'
  244 |  module_driver(__platform_driver, platform_driver_register, \
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:1: note: in expansion of macro 'module_platform_driver'
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from include/linux/device.h:31,
                 from include/linux/platform_device.h:13,
                 from drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:14:
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c: In function 'mt2712_rtc_driver_exit':
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:24: error: 'mt2712_rtc_driver' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'mt2712_rtc_probe'?
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/device/driver.h:266:17: note: in definition of macro 'module_driver'
  266 |  __unregister(&(__driver) , ##__VA_ARGS__); \
      |                 ^~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:1: note: in expansion of macro 'module_platform_driver'
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c: In function 'mt2712_rtc_driver_init':
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:418:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
  418 | module_platform_driver(mt2712_rtc_driver);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At top level:
drivers/rtc/rtc-mt2712.c:312:12: warning: 'mt2712_rtc_probe' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
  312 | static int mt2712_rtc_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  00c36d73171b ("rtc: add support for the MediaTek MT2712 RTC")

I have used the version from next-20200313 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell