Subject: [PATCH 0/8] tools/vhost: Reset virtqueue on tests

From: Eugenio Pérez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 18:51:11 +0200

This series add the tests used to validate the "vhost: Reset batched
descriptors on SET_VRING_BASE call" series, with a small change on the
reset code (delete an extra unneded reset on VHOST_SET_VRING_BASE).

They are based on the tests sent back them, the ones that were not
included (reasons in that thread). This series changes:

* Delete need to export the ugly function in virtio_ring, now all the
code is added in tools/virtio (except the one line fix).
* Add forgotten uses of vhost_vq_set_backend. Fix bad usage order in
vhost_test_set_backend.
* Drop random reset, not really needed.
* Minor changes updating tests code.

This serie is meant to be applied on top of
5de4e0b7068337cf0d4ca48a4011746410115aae in
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git.

Eugenio Pérez (8):
  tools/virtio: fix virtio_test.c indentation
  vhost: Not cleaning batched descs in VHOST_SET_VRING_BASE ioctl
  vhost: Replace vq->private_data access by backend accesors
  vhost: Fix bad order in vhost_test_set_backend at enable
  tools/virtio: Use __vring_new_virtqueue in virtio_test.c
  tools/virtio: Extract virtqueue initialization in vq_reset
  tools/virtio: Reset index in virtio_test --reset.
  tools/virtio: Use tools/include/list.h instead of stubs

 drivers/vhost/test.c        |  8 ++---
 drivers/vhost/vhost.c       |  1 -
 tools/virtio/linux/kernel.h |  7 +----
 tools/virtio/linux/virtio.h |  5 ++--
 tools/virtio/virtio_test.c  | 58 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 tools/virtio/vringh_test.c  |  2 ++
 6 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.1