Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 11:49:59 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

kernel/trace/ftrace.c: In function 'ftrace_shutdown':
kernel/trace/ftrace.c:2924:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'synchronize_rcu_tasks_rude'; did you mean 'synchronize_rcu_tasks'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
 2924 |   synchronize_rcu_tasks_rude();
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |   synchronize_rcu_tasks

Caused by commit

  59377f3e06b8 ("ftrace: Use synchronize_rcu_tasks_rude() instead of ftrace_sync()")

synchronize_rcu_tasks_rude() is only declared when
CONFIG_TASKS_RCU_GENERIC is defined.

I have reverted that commit for today.

Just asking: are all the commits currently in the rcu tree actually
intended for v5.7?
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell