Subject: Coverity: btusb_work(): Null pointer dereferences

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 08:49:31 -0700

Hello!

This is an experimental automated report about issues detected by Coverity
from a scan of next-20200406 as part of the linux-next weekly scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by recent commits:

baac6276c0a9 ("Bluetooth: btusb: handle mSBC audio over USB Endpoints")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1492498:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
/drivers/bluetooth/btusb.c: 1665 in btusb_work()
1659     			}
1660     		} else if (data->air_mode == HCI_NOTIFY_ENABLE_SCO_TRANSP) {
1661
1662     			data->usb_alt6_packet_flow = true;
1663
1664     			/* Check if Alt 6 is supported for Transparent audio */
vvv     CID 1492498:  Null pointer dereferences  (FORWARD_NULL)
vvv     Passing "data" to "btusb_find_altsetting", which dereferences null "data->isoc".
1665     			if (btusb_find_altsetting(data, 6))
1666     				new_alts = 6;
1667     			else
1668     				bt_dev_err(hdev, "Device does not support ALT setting 6");
1669     		}
1670

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include these lines (but double-check the "Fixes" first):

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1492498 ("Null pointer dereferences")
Fixes: baac6276c0a9 ("Bluetooth: btusb: handle mSBC audio over USB Endpoints")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot