Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 15:55:39 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

ld: sound/soc/sof/imx/imx8.o: in function `.imx8_run':
imx8.c:(.text.imx8_run+0x40): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_misc_set_control'
ld: imx8.c:(.text.imx8_run+0xac): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_pm_cpu_start'
ld: sound/soc/sof/imx/imx8.o: in function `.imx8x_run':
imx8.c:(.text.imx8x_run+0x40): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_misc_set_control'
ld: imx8.c:(.text.imx8x_run+0xa8): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_misc_set_control'
ld: imx8.c:(.text.imx8x_run+0x108): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_misc_set_control'
ld: imx8.c:(.text.imx8x_run+0x168): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_misc_set_control'
ld: imx8.c:(.text.imx8x_run+0x1cc): undefined reference to `.imx_sc_pm_cpu_start'
ld: sound/soc/sof/imx/imx8.o: in function `.imx8_probe':
imx8.c:(.text.imx8_probe+0x2c8): undefined reference to `.imx_scu_get_handle'

Presumably caused by (one of) commits

  fe17e6cdc0fe ("ASoC: SOF: imx8: Fix randbuild error")
  cb0312f61c3e ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix undefined reference issue")

I just removed the COMPILE_TEST from SND_SOC_SOF_IMX_TOPLEVEL for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell