Subject: Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the i2c tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 18:41:04 +1000

Hi Wolfram,

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:01:30 +0200 Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > This triggered because the "space" after the ":" is a Unicode non-breaking
> > space (U+0x00a0, UTF8 0xc2 0xa0).  I am not sure if this is a problem
> > or not.  This is the forst time I have seen this.  
> 
> Thanks for reporting, I obviously didn't notice. Well, technically,
> commit messages can be UTF8, so not really an error. However, it will
> probably break lots of homebrew scripts, so a checkpatch warning it is,
> then?

Not checkpatch, but my own script that checks some things about Fixes
tags (attached).  Interestingly, my script does allow some other Unicode
things (like matching quotes) ...

> I'll fix it nonetheless.

Thanks.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell