Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the char-misc tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 09:31:34 +0200

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 07:05:50AM +0000, Rajan Vaja wrote:
> Hi Greg,

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

A: No.
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

> Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]> have already submitted
> patch "[PATCH] firmware: xilinx: Export
> zynqmp_pm_fpga_{get_status,load}". Will you take it directly or should
> I merge this change in my patch series and submit a new series?

I just merged that patch a few minutes ago, no need to do anything.

I will note that this is the 2nd problem in this patch series that was
found.  I had to drop this series previously for these same types of
issues, which I thought were fixed this time.  I think you all need to
do a bit more build testing on your end when submitting patches please.

thanks,

greg k-h