Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mtd-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 08:40:21 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the mtd-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/mtd/nand/spi/core.c: In function 'spinand_init':
/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/mtd/nand/spi/core.c:1093:26: error: 'struct nand_device' has no member named 'ecc'
 1093 |  mtd->ecc_strength = nand->ecc.ctx.conf.strength;
      |                          ^~
/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/mtd/nand/spi/core.c:1094:27: error: 'struct nand_device' has no member named 'ecc'
 1094 |  mtd->ecc_step_size = nand->ecc.ctx.conf.step_size;
      |                           ^~

Caused by commit

  d5baa0ec83de ("mtd: spinand: Propagate ECC information to the MTD structure")

"This fix depends on recent changes and should not be backported as-is." ?

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell