Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-intel-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 08:30:16 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-intel-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/intel_lrc.c:5472:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c: In function 'live_timeslice_nopreempt':
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c:1311:3: error: too few arguments to function 'engine_heartbeat_disable'
 1311 |   engine_heartbeat_disable(engine);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c:53:13: note: declared here
   53 | static void engine_heartbeat_disable(struct intel_engine_cs *engine,
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c:1380:3: error: too few arguments to function 'engine_heartbeat_enable'
 1380 |   engine_heartbeat_enable(engine);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/selftest_lrc.c:63:13: note: declared here
   63 | static void engine_heartbeat_enable(struct intel_engine_cs *engine,
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  1f65efb624c4 ("drm/i915/gt: Prevent timeslicing into unpreemptable requests")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell