Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the arm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 15:29:07 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm32-stub.c

between commit:

  d0f9ca9be11f ("ARM: decompressor: run decompressor in place if loaded via UEFI")

from the arm tree and commit:

  793473c28a4b ("efi/libstub: Move pr_efi/pr_efi_err into efi namespace")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm32-stub.c
index 0050d811bf20,b038afe2ee7a..000000000000
--- a/drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm32-stub.c
+++ b/drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm32-stub.c
@@@ -209,10 -215,11 +209,10 @@@ efi_status_t handle_kernel_image(unsign
  	 * base of the kernel image is only partially used at the moment.
  	 * (Up to 5 pages are used for the swapper page tables)
  	 */
 -	kernel_base += TEXT_OFFSET - 5 * PAGE_SIZE;
 -
 -	status = reserve_kernel_base(kernel_base, reserve_addr, reserve_size);
 +	status = reserve_kernel_base(kernel_base - 5 * PAGE_SIZE, reserve_addr,
 +				     reserve_size);
  	if (status != EFI_SUCCESS) {
- 		pr_efi_err("Unable to allocate memory for uncompressed kernel.\n");
+ 		efi_err("Unable to allocate memory for uncompressed kernel.\n");
  		return status;
  	}