Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 16:22:34 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/rcu/tree.c

between commits:

  806f04e9fd2c ("rcu: Allow for smp_call_function() running callbacks from idle")
  aaf2bc50df1f ("rcu: Abstract out rcu_irq_enter_check_tick() from rcu_nmi_enter()")

from the tip tree and commit:

  3f3baaf3ac07 ("rcu/tree: Remove dynticks_nmi_nesting counter")
  c0601bb42994 ("rcu/tree: Clean up dynticks counter usage")
  3f3baaf3ac07 ("rcu/tree: Remove dynticks_nmi_nesting counter")

from the rcu tree.

I fixed it up (I punted and took some from the former and some from the
latter) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell