Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-arm tree with the arm64 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 17:00:44 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm-arm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/include/asm/ptrace.h

between commit:

  8ef8f360cf30 ("arm64: Basic Branch Target Identification support")

from the arm64 tree and commit:

  d9d7d84d9906 ("KVM: arm64: Parametrize exception entry with a target EL")

from the kvm-arm tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter - the former just added a blank line)
and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell