Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the origin tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 08:37:15 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the origin tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

kernel/module.c: In function 'do_init_module':
kernel/module.c:3593:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'module_enable_ro'; did you mean 'module_enable_x'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
 3593 |  module_enable_ro(mod, true);
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |  module_enable_x

Caused by commit

  e6eff4376e28 ("module: Make module_enable_ro() static again")

This config has neither CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_STRICT_MODULE_RWX or
CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_STRICT_MODULE_RWX set.  This failure was hidden in
linux-next due to commit

  db991af02f11 ("module: break nested ARCH_HAS_STRICT_MODULE_RWX and STRICT_MODULE_RWX #ifdefs")

from the modules tree. I have cherry-picked that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell